We, Allianz PNB Life Insurance, Inc. (“Allianz PNB Life”), are part of the Allianz Group, and are an authorized insurance company in the Republic of the Philippines providing insurance products and services. Protecting your privacy is a top priority for us. This privacy notice explains how and what type of personal information will be collected, why it is collected and to whom it is shared or disclosed. Please read this notice carefully.
1. Who is the personal information controller?
A personal information controller is the individual or legal person who controls and is responsible to keep and use personal information in paper or electronic files. For all your transactions and interactions with us, Allianz PNB Life is the personal information controller as defined by relevant information protection laws and regulation.
2. What personal information will be collected?
We may collect and process various types of personal information about you such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, social media accounts and photographs.
We may also collect and process sensitive personal information such as your nationality, marital status, age or birthday, health, education, IDs and numbers issued by government agencies like SSS, TIN, Driver’s License and others.
3. How will we obtain and use your personal information?
We will collect and use your personal information that you provide to us for a number of purposes and with your express consent (unless applicable laws and regulations do not require us to obtain your express consent) as shown below:
As mentioned and for the purposes indicated above, we will process personal information we have received about you from public databases, third parties such as brokers and business partners, other insurers, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, delegated authorities and lawyers.
For those purposes indicated above where we have indicated that we do not require your express consent or where we otherwise require your personal information to underwrite your insurance and/or process your claim, we will process your personal information based on our provision of insurance and related services and/or to comply with our legal obligations.
We will need your personal information if you would like to purchase our products and services. If you do not wish to provide this to us, we may not be able to provide the products and services you request, that you may be interested in, or to tailor our offerings to your particular requirements.
4. Who will have access to your personal information?
We will ensure that your personal information is processed in a manner that is compatible with the purposes indicated above.
For the stated purposes, your personal information may be disclosed to the following parties who operate as third party personal information controllers:
Public authorities, other Allianz Group companies, other insurers, co-insurers, re-insurers, insurance intermediaries/brokers, partner banks. For the stated purposes, we may also share your personal information with the following parties who operate as personal information processors under our instruction:
- Other Allianz Group companies, technical consultants, experts, lawyers, medical doctors; and service companies to discharge operations (claims, IT, postal, document management); and
- Advertisers and advertising networks to send you marketing communications, as permitted under local law and in accordance with your communication preferences. We do not share your personal information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
Finally, we may share your personal information in the following instances:
- In the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in any insolvency or similar proceedings; and
- To meet any legal obligation, including to the relevant regulatory agency if you make a complaint about the product or service we have provided to you.
5. Where will my personal information be processed?
Your personal information may be processed both inside and outside of the Philippines, subject always to contractual restrictions regarding confidentiality and security in line with applicable information protection laws and regulations. We will not disclose your personal information to parties who are not authorized to process them.
6. What are your rights in respect of your personal information?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal information held about you and to learn the origin of the information, the purposes and ends of the processing, the details of the personal information controller(s), the information processor(s) and the parties to whom the information may be disclosed;
- Withdraw your consent at any time where your personal information is processed with your consent;
- Update or correct your personal information so that it is always accurate;
- Delete your personal information from our records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated above;
- Restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, for example where you have contested the accuracy of your personal information, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy;
- Obtain your personal information in an electronic format for you or for your new insurer; and
- File a complaint with us and/or the relevant information protection authority.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us as detailed in section 9 below providing your name, email address, account identification or policy number and purpose of your request.
7. How can you object to the processing of your personal information?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to object to us processing your personal information, or tell us to stop processing it (including for purposes of direct marketing). Once you have informed us of this request, we shall no longer process your personal information unless permitted by applicable laws and regulations. You may exercise this right by contacting us as indicated in Section 9 below.
8. How long do we keep your personal information?
We will retain your personal information while your policy is inforce or remains reinstatable, unless a longer retention period is required or as permitted by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary and we will hold it only for the purposes for which it was obtained.
9. How can you contact us?
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, you can contact us by dialling our customer service hotline, email or post as follows:
Allianz PNB Life Insurance, Inc.
Data Protection Officer
9th Floor, Allied Bank Center, 6754 Ayala Avenue corner Legaspi Street, Makati City, Philippines
Email: [email protected]
Customer Service Hotline: 818-4357
10. How often do we update this privacy notice?
We regularly review this privacy notice. We will ensure the most recent version is available on our website https://www.allianzpnblife.ph/privacy-notice.html and we will tell you directly when there’s an important change that may impact you. This privacy notice was last updated on September 2018.